Thursday, April 15, 2010

"Through The Day"

Day 15


Affectionately Inscribed to my Mother and Dad
Through The Day


1. Wake me in the morning,
Thinking thoughts of Thee;
Take me thru the noonday
Serving faithfully;
Strengthen in the evening
When my strength declines.
Fill me with Thy praises
‘til Thy glory shines.

2. Bless me, O my Father
Early in the day.
Make me, then, a blessing
Ev-‘ry hour, I pray.
Through the passing moments
Keep me close to Thee
For I pray that only Christ be seen in me.

Text: Charlotte Arnold
Music: John C. Hallett
© Copyright 1946, by John C. Hallett

One time I asked Ruth to give me a list of 5 or 6 of her favorites songs of John’s. I know that was terrible of me to ask since she had many! She wrote back, “You are correct in thinking this is a difficult assignment to list 5 or 6 of my favorite songs written by John! But here goes!!!”

I’ve already done several that were on her list, but “Through the Day” was one of them. It was written by one of his collaborators, Charlotte Arnold.

May this song be our prayer.

Verse 1: May your thoughts and actions be directed towards Him and by Him morning, noon and evening.

Psalm 5:3 In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice;In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.

Psalm 59:16 But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.

Psalm 88:13 But I cry to you for help, O LORD; in the morning my prayer comes before you.

Psalm 90:14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
Psalm 42:8 By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life.

Psalm 92:2 To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning and Your faithfulness by night,

Psalm 10:17 O LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will strengthen their heart, You will incline Your ear

Verse 2: May you be blessed by the Lord every hour of the day as you walk with Him and He is seen in you.

Psalm 21:3 For You meet him with the blessings of good things;You set a crown of fine gold on his head.

Psalm 24:5 He shall receive a blessing from the LORDAnd righteousness from the God of his salvation.

Proverbs 10:22 It is the blessing of the LORD that makes rich,And He adds no sorrow to it.

Colossians 1:26-28 the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints. To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.

No comments: