Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 21


* Dedicated to Major David J. Gunster, USAF.

“America, You’re Beautiful to Me”


America, America, you’re beautiful to me;
I love your land so bountiful from sea to shining sea.
America, America, I’m proud as I can be,
America, my America, you’re beautiful to me.

* Major David J. Gunster, USAF, gallantly gave his life for his country in Vietnam, 1968.


Words and Music by John Hallett and Allan Davies
© Copyright 1975 Broadman Press.


Ruth Hallett, the widow of John Hallett, wrote this note when she sent me this piece of music: “A great song for a Patriotic service! This was my brother, David, killed in Vietnam 1968. This song was dedicated in his memory.”

This is a simple, up-tempo inspiring song of pure patriotism. And, why not? Don’t YOU love America? We have our problems, but, as I heard a man say when I was a kid, “It’s (America) still the best thing afloat!”

We are blessed to live in a country with the freedoms we have! People are willing to risk their lives to come here.

Let’s not take this wonderful country for granted. Today, let’s thank God for our nation and let’s pray for our nation. Pray for our President and all of our leaders.

You know, something might just happen if we in this country would start praying together for our nation.

Let’s proclaim: “America, my America, you’re beautiful to me.”

                                             (to enlarge, click on the music score)









No comments: