Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"By Your Side"

Day 27

"By Your Side"


1. Let me come to a place by Your side loving Lord.
Let me feel the warm touch of Your hand.
Fill my mind with Your wisdom, my heart with Your love,
And my soul with Your kind understanding.


Chorus:


I bring You my failures, my weaknesses too.
I bring You my sorrows and give them all to You.
Touch me, Lord, with Your Spirit, oh sweet Holy Spirit.
Gentle Lord, shine through me as You long to do.


2. Help me place all my cares at Your feet, loving Lord
And my future I leave in your hand.
Help me trust in your promise, rely on Your word
With a peace passing all understanding.


Chorus:

I bring You my failures, my weaknesses too.
I bring You my sorrows and give them all to You.
Touch me Lord with Your Spirit, oh sweet Holy Spirit
Gentle Lord, shine through me as You long to do.


Let me come to a place by Your side
Only there is my soul satisfied.

Text: by Margaret King and Leroy C. Weber
Music: John Hallett and Allan Davies

What kind of things do you pray for?

Have you ever felt that you had things too insignificant to bring to God in prayer? Actually, God is interested in you! So, whatever you are concerned with, you can share with Him.

This song is a prayer. Have you ever felt you can’t “…bring You my failures, my weaknesses too. I bring You my sorrows and give them all to You”?

Well, these are the things we need to bring to Him!

Ephesians 6:18 “And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Here is a great passage:

“Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:5-7)

Jesus will hear your prayer! And you can be sure that He will, to paraphrase the text, “Let you come to a place by His side (for) only there is your soul satisfied.”

No comments: