Sunday, April 4, 2010

"Thank You, Jesus"



Day 4:  Easter: He Is Risen!
 Thank You, Jesus, for all You've done.
Thank You, Lord.
Thank You, Jesus, for vict'ries won,
O thank You, Lord.
For Thy love and tender care,
For Thy Word and answered prayer.
Thank You, Jesus, for all You've done.
Thank You, Lord.

Thank You, Jesus, for love like Thine.
Thank You, Lord.
Thank You, Jesus, for grace divine.
O thank You, Lord.

For Thy cross of Calvary,
For Thy blood that cleanseth me,
Thank You, Jesus, that Thou art mine.
Thank You, Lord.
"Thank You, Jesus"
John C. Hallett Ruth G. Hallett © 1948 Renewed 1976 Word Music, LLC
He is Risen! Happy Easter!
No better song to share today than “Thank You, Jesus.” The text was written by John’s wife, Ruth, when they were newlyweds. She was thanking God for all the things He had done for them.

Without the cross there would be no resurrection. So, we say “Thank You, Jesus, for grace divine. O thank You, Lord. For Thy cross of Calvary, For Thy blood that cleanseth me.”
On this Easter Sunday, join me in giving thanks to God the Father for the victory which His son, Jesus Christ, won over Satan, hell and the grave!

Also, voice to God those things for which you are thankful.

Here are a few to get you started. For example, sing with Moses and the children of Israel after they had crossed the Rea Sea and had fled from the Egyptian army:

‘I will sing to the Lord, for He has triumphed gloriously!
The horse and the rider He has thrown into the sea!
The Lord is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation;
He is my God and I will praise Him;
My father’s God and I will exalt Him.” (Exodus 15:1-2)

“Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift.” (2 Corinthians 9:5)

“Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ…” (2 Corinthians 2:14)

No comments: