Sunday, April 11, 2010

He Is The Theme Of My Song

Day 11

You could sum up the life of composer and arranger John Hallett with these words: “The theme of my song is Jesus.”

When you read his texts, most of them focus on the person of Jesus. Because he put Jesus first, Jesus opened many doors of ministry and influence for him. One of his choruses is titled:

“He Is The Theme Of My Song”

Jesus, Jesus, He is the theme of my song;
Jesus, Jesus, praising His Name all day long.
Jesus, Jesus, wonderful Savior is He;
Jesus, Jesus, more like Him I would be.

John could inspire others because of Who inspired him. He was a reflection of that One Whom he loved and served all the days of his life.

Ask yourself some questions based on this simple chorus and then meditate on the following verses:

     Jesus, Jesus, He is the theme of my song;

Is Jesus the theme of my song?

Psalm 118:14 The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.

Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

Psalm 32:7 You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

     Jesus, Jesus, praising His Name all day long.

Do I praise His name all day long?

Psalm 35:28 My tongue will speak of your righteousness and of your praises all day long.

Psalm 44:8 In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever.

Psalm 71:8 My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long.

Psalm 71:24 My tongue will tell of your righteous acts all day long, for those who wanted to harm me have been put to shame and confusion.

Psalm 89:16 They rejoice in your name all day long; they exult in your righteousness.
     Jesus, Jesus, wonderful Savior is He;

Is Jesus a wonderful Savior to me?

Psalm 18:46 The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior!
Psalm 25:5 guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
Psalm 89:26 'You are my Father, my God, the Rock my Savior.'

Luke 1:47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,

   Jesus, Jesus more like Him I would be,

Do I want to be more like Jesus each day?

Philippians 3:10 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,

I John 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

I John 4:17 In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him.

Romans 6:5 For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection,

No comments: