Friday, January 6, 2012

Praising My Savior All The Day Long!


So, how often should we praise the Lord?  And when should we praise the Lord?

The psalmist declares:  “all the day long!”

Then my tongue shall tell of your righteousness
   and of your praise all the day long.   (Psalm 35:28)

My mouth is filled with your praise,
   and with your glory all the day. (Psalm 71:8)

My mouth will tell of your righteous acts,
   of your deeds of salvation all the day,
   for their number is past my knowledge.  (Psalm 71:15)

And my tongue will talk of your righteous help all the day long,
for they have been put to shame and disappointed
   who sought to do me hurt.  (Psalm 71:24)  English Standard Version (ESV)

This concept was expressed in one of the great songs in church history.  “Blessed Assurance” was written by two of the most prolific hymn writers in history.  One day, Fanny Crosby was visiting her dear friend, Phoebe Knapp. She played a tune for Fanny and asked her afterwards, "What does it say to you, Fanny?" Her reply was simple: "Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine." 

Blessed Assurance by Fanny Crosby and Phoebe Knapp

                    C              F           C
1.  Blessed assurance, Jesus is Mine!
               Am   G        D7      G
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
                C          F                 C
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
                    F  Dm    G7                C
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

(Chorus)
G               C        F               C
This is my story, this is my song,
                    Am  F   D7           G
Praising my Savior all the day long!
                   C       F               C
This is my story, this is my song,
                    F  Dm  G7              C
Praising my Savior all the day long.



2.  Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight.
Angels descending bring from above,
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

(Chorus)

3.  Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blessed.
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

(Chorus)

A great choral and orchestral arrangement of “Blessed Assurance” in Chinese (I presume).

No comments: