Wednesday, January 18, 2012

God is Omnipresent (Ever-present)

Omnipresent (Ever-present):  God is everywhere—close to everything, next to everyone. “‘Do not I fill heaven and earth?’ declares the Lord.”

God is everywhere!  There is no place you cannot go that God is not there.  If you are doing something in secret and you know that no one is watching you…..know that God sees you.

In one sense, this should scare us in a GOOD way!  Most of us would not do anything immoral or illegal or otherwise wrong if we knew someone was watching us, especially our family or close friends.  So, when we are alone…..it is the same thing.  We understand God is watching.  Therefore, that impacts our actions. So, know that God watches us can help us to live a better life!


I know that as a teen, the understanding that God watched everything I did helped keep me from doing things that I know I shouldn't do.  Who knows what kind of trouble that kept me from!  I am so thankful for a holy, reverent fear of God.  It is not a fear that I am "afraid" of God, who an awesome respect of Who He is.  Now, that is the good kind of fear.

In another sense, we are comforted to know that no matter where we are, God is there!  You are never alone, even if you should physically be separated from people.  God is right there!  That will dispel fear!

Read what the Bible says about God being ever-present:


7 Is there anyplace I can go to avoid your Spirit?
      to be out of your sight?
   If I climb to the sky, you're there!
      If I go underground, you're there!
   If I flew on morning's wings
      to the far western horizon,
   You'd find me in a minute—
      you're already there waiting!
   Then I said to myself, "Oh, he even sees me in the dark!
      At night I'm immersed in the light!"
   It's a fact: darkness isn't dark to you;
      night and day, darkness and light, they're all the same to you.  (Psalm 139:7-12 The Message)

“Am I only a God nearby,”
            declares the LORD,
   “and not a God far away?
24 Can anyone hide in secret places
   so that I cannot see him?”
            declares the LORD.
   “Do not I fill heaven and earth?”
            declares the LORD. Jeremiah 23:23,24


 “But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built!  I Kings 8:27
I lift up my eyes to you,
   to you whose throne is in heaven. Psalm 123:1
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Matthew 6:9


Two wonderful songs about God’s presence:

Surely The Presence of the Lord Is In This Place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAOL70S-8TY&feature=related

Israel Houghton - Your Presence Is Heaven To Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeZEj-OQxH0&feature=related

No comments: